Friday, August 5, 2022

 Time: 6:39AM

Weather: 10C
Sunrise @ 5:57AM
Sunset @ 9:24PM

 

"The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today." -  H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Today was and is weigh in day.  I decided a month ago to weigh in every Friday morning, instead of all the time or another day.  I am happy that the small changes that I have been making are still showing some results.  I am down 7.9lbs since July 1.

 

Our temp has dropped.  It made it nice for sleep but even though I love fall I am not ready to see the end of summer.  


Yesterday's Stats

Steps: 5,586
Floors: 4
Zone Minutes: 6

This morning I am thankful for

  1. the cooler temps for sleeping
  2. the rain we are getting
  3. online learning

5% Challenge Update

 

I posted my weekly weigh in results today.  I love that I am losing weight again.  My plan is simple right now.  I am only eating when I'm hungry, instead of by the clock.  I stopped counting calories.  I am eating slower and taking time to see how I feel and trying to learn to stop when I am satisfied and no longer need more food.  I am also planning all my foods, even the ones that I have always tried to stop eating when I'm trying to lose weight.  I am working at consistently getting at least 64OZ of water into myself.  This weeks challenge was to stop the random eating.  This has been a hard.  I am getting better at only eating on plan but I still struggle with the small bites here and there.

 

NO BS Goal Weight Journal Prompts

 

What can I do to feel my emotions instead of eating them today?

 

I have never before now taken the time to think about making a plan to tackle my emotional eating.  I know that I eat to deal with emotions all the time, I've always told myself that I need to stop it but I have never actually taken the time when no emotional to make a plan on what I will do instead.  firstly, emotions are real and they come and go.  I don't think that having one plan will fit all things that come up.  So I am going to look at what I was feeling last night when I ate 3/4of the chocolate bar that I didn't need (does one ever need a chocolate bar??).  I was watching TV with my hubby, he was eating a bar himself.  My brain fixated on the fact that there was only 1 left after he ate his from our camping trip.  I told myself that if I didn't eat it, I would miss out.  Okay truth time.  Yes someone else may have eaten that bar but let's be real, I could just go buy more, not like the store will stop selling them.  I am not a kid anymore where we only got treats at special times of the year.  I am a grown up woman who has the ability to buy them whenever I want.  I need to remind myself that I will always be able to have snack/junk when I want it.  there is a corner store open 24 hours less then 5 minutes of a walk from my home.  I need to let go of this though process that I will miss out.  By not eating the chocolate bar I will  miss out the extra on my hips.....

No comments:

 Time: 7:31AM Weather: 15C Sunrise @ 6:28AM Sunset @ 8:46PM "There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativi...