Sunday, August 21, 2022

 Time: 7:54AM

Weather: 16C
Sunrise @ 6:25AM
Sunset @ 8:51PM


Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth. - Benjamin Disraeli

Yesterday was an emotional day for me. My old girl, Lucy (Huskie/Lab mix) passed away. I had taken her to the vets because she wasn't putting weight on one of her paws. The vet did an x-ray that showed no fractures or dislocations and only minor arthritis that would be expected in a dog of that age. I got her home and she fell on me, then got up and went and laid down by the door of the garage. I tried to get her to take the pain meds the vet had given me but she would eat or drink. She had a seizure and passed. I had been prepared when I took her to the vet that she would not be coming home with me, but to have her come home and then pass away, just tore my heart out.

Yesterday's Stats

Steps: 6,416
Floors: 1 
Zone Minutes: 76

This morning I am thankful for

    1. The time we had with Lucy
    2. A good friend who came and helped yesterday
    3. The beautiful sunrise

5% Challenge Update

Yesterday we started  week 7 of the 8 week challenge.  I made it to my 5% goal in week 5.  I want to lose another 2lbs in week 7 and 8.  This week we are concentrating on reducing our salt.  Salt is in almost every food out there.  I have always said that I don't add alt to things but just reading the ingredients of some of my favourite seasonings I can see that yes I do add salt to things.  

NO BS Goal Weight Journal

 I have been making my plans and most days following my plan.  I am still working on getting my water in.  I am learning so much about my thoughts and feelings around food.

No comments:

 Time: 7:31AM Weather: 15C Sunrise @ 6:28AM Sunset @ 8:46PM "There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativi...