Friday, July 13, 2018

What a crazy storm last night

Wow I love our summer storms.  The one early this morning woke hubby and up.  Wow it was amazing, so happy we were safe and dry inside the comfort of our home.    I did check the basement for water.  Thankfully none was found.

Today my thought are on goals,  What are my true bug picture goals.  Not just vague concepts that I'm supposed to want but what do I really want for my life.  I've been thinking on this for a while now. I know that I want to lose some of this extra weight but I really don't know why.  I could just buy bigger clothing and go on.

Yesterday I came up with what I really want.  I want my energy back.  I want to be able to enjoy life again without hurting the next day.  I want to be able to play with my kids and someday my grand kids.  I want to be able to try new things again.

I'm not old at 47 I should still have lots of energy.  Why don't I?  For starters I'm easily 40 pounds overweight, it's tiring dragging this extra weight around.  Secondly I'm not active enough.  It's hard to even get 7000 steps in a day, forget about working out or doing anything that requires strength or endurance to complete.  I need better sleep.  I'm getting an average of 7 hours a night of sleep but it is poor and I often wake up tired.  I stop using my CPAP machine over a year and a half ago.  I know that I should use it every night but for whatever reason I stopped.

So the last few weeks I have been tracking what I eat, and trying not so hard to drink more water and watching more closely my step count but really not changing much.  In the next few weeks I will start making some small changes to the new energized me.

Today I will clean up my CPAP machine, add clean new water to it and start using it.  I need better sleep to be able to do any of my other goals.

My Big Goal Is: 

To have the energy to enjoy life again

My smaller goals are:

To lose 40 pounds by this time next year
To drink at least 8 glasses of water daily
To increase my step count to 8000 steps by the end of August
To increase my step count to 9000 steps by the end of October




2 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Wonderful goals...
Keep up the good work...
Kira is the group did on Facebook
(Pretty sure you know which one I mean) smile..
I'm finally back on facebook
and I can't find it

Kira said...

Hi Jill, yes the group is still on Facebook. I will try and send you the link

 Time: 7:31AM Weather: 15C Sunrise @ 6:28AM Sunset @ 8:46PM "There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativi...