Thursday, July 19, 2018


The parts for my RV have been bought.  Hubby thinks he will be able to get it done this weekend and then the RV will go to the muffler shop on Monday for the muffler.  It means not going to the lake this weekend unless we just go for the day but I’m okay with this.

My sleep last night was terrible.  Charlie my older dog, woke me up at 2am.  I got up and let him out thinking that he might need to go outside to do his business (polite way of saying use the toilet).  As he went out and came right back that wasn’t it at all.  He continued to cry or whimper for a while.  Thankfully my son arrived home at 2:30 from work and took him with him into the garage while he ate his dinner and played on his computer.  We have an office set up in the garage for my hubby and my son uses it late at night when he gets home from work so that he doesn’t wake the rest of us up.  The rest of the night I just couldn’t fall back to sleep until just before the alarm went off.  For the first time in forever I decided to let myself have an extra hour.

Today I am thinking about the following “What is the difference between exercise and activity?”  Exercise is activity that we do with the purpose of increasing our heart rate or building strength whereas activity is a normal part of our life, such as housework, yard work, taking the stairs instead of the elevator.  I realize that in my life right now I am way too sedentary and spend way too much time on my butt.  I need to add both more activity and start to add actual exercise to my day.  Looking at the last few weeks I realize that I ma getting zero actual exercise.  I am slowly increasing my steps over the whole week, not everyday for sure yet but at least my weekly totals are going up.

I also need to work on my sugar intake.  The last few days I have been really watching the how often I crave or want sugar or sweet foods.  Last night I was craving a chocolate bar, I almost got up and drove to the store for one.  I’m happy that I didn’t.  I did however go to the kitchen and make myself a strawberry/blueberry shortcake.  I know that adding a small piece of pound cake and 2 tablespoons of whipped cream was better then the KitKat bar.  It did satisfy me.

No comments:

 Time: 7:31AM Weather: 15C Sunrise @ 6:28AM Sunset @ 8:46PM "There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativi...