Thursday, August 4, 2022

 Time: 7:24AM

Weather: 15C and rain, lots of it
Sunrise @ 5:55AM
Sunset @ 9:26PM

 

"Excellence is not a skill, it's an attitude." - Ralph Marston

 

The more I read and study on how to improve myself the more I see that this quote is so true.  Striving for excellence is an attitude, we need to want to be better to work at it.  

 

Yesterday was not a great day.  Started out good but then it went to crap.   I hate it when I go to train someone and get the attitude from them that they know it all already and that I am just there to tick off a mark on my timesheet.  I was out retraining a girl, because she is not getting the work done correctly.  After an hour and half I got the feeling that she just doesn't care at all about the work, she just wants the money.  Which I get we all  want the pay.

 

Yesterday's Stats

Steps: 6,070
Floors: 8
Zone Minutes: 26

This morning I am thankful for

  1. Coffee with my son this morning
  2. The rain
  3. A second cup of coffee

 

5% Challenge Update

 

This week we are supposed to be concentrating on no random eating.  I think  that all I did yesterday was eat randomly.  I came home from work and just didn;t have the energy to cook dinner.  So I didn't.  I ate the rest of my Cheetos and had my snacks.  Yes they were all on my plan but I ate them without thinking about how I was feeling and ate way pay satisfied.

 

NO BS Goal Weight Journal Prompts

 

EATING WHEN NOT HUNGRY


What feeling (emotion) am I eating in response to?  Lat night I ate because I was tired and just wanted to relax.  I didn't want to think about my food.  I just wanted to fill my mouth and not think.
What do I think waiting for hunger will be like?  I am scared that I will never feel really hungry.  I know that I will feel hungry but my brain just tells me that I won't feel it till it's too late to eat.
Do I think those thoughts will help me or prevent me from WANTING to wait for hunger?  Last night they did.  I ate my junk food not because I was hungry but because I wanted it.
If they prevent me from wanting to wait, what else could I think?  I could have drank some water, gone for a walk around the block, done the dishes up, instead of sitting down and eating food that I didn't need at that time.
When I have an urge to eat, what is something I can remind myself about my goals that feels like loving myself?  I could look at my ringless hands and remind myself that I am doing this so that I can wear my rings again.
Is there anyone I can reach out to or anything I can do to make eating only when hungry easier?  I could reach out to my friend and just talk with her about my day and hers.  I never eat when we are on the phone.

 

No comments:

 Time: 7:31AM Weather: 15C Sunrise @ 6:28AM Sunset @ 8:46PM "There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativi...